Cranberry sauce is always a Thanksgiving tradition in our home. Nothing compares to homemade cranberry sauce. The kind in the can just doesn’t make it to our table anymore. I hope after you try this simple recipe you’ll feel the same.
This basic cranberry sauce is the perfect addition to any holiday feast. It is simple and quick to make. It can be served chilled or room temperature and can be kept refrigerated after the holidays to enjoy with leftovers!
Servings: 12 Jar
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a sauce pan combine water and sugar, bring to a boil. Stir sugar until it dissolves in water.1 1/3 cup water 1 1/4 cups sugar1 1/3 cup water, 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Add cranberries. The berries will begin to pop and burst open. After bursting slows, reduce heat to medium and stir gently. 12 oz bag fresh cranberries12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- Add lemon juice and cinnamon; Cover and let boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.1/4 tsp lemon juice 1/8 tsp cinnamon1/4 tsp lemon juice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Remove from heat and let completely cool to room temperature.
- Jar or place in a container with a lid and refrigerate.
This can be made 3 days in advance. For a smoother jelly, mash the berries while stirring.